In 1940 The Shelter in Orchard Road was bequeathed to the village by Mrs Stanley, whose husband bought the building sometime in the 1890s and converted it into a Mens Club. In 1933 the Shelter was destroyed by fire and Mr Stanley arranged for it to be rebuilt.
During the 1939/45 war The Shelter was used by the local Civil Defence and Home Guard as a Headquarters and since 1952 as a Village Hall managed by the Parish Council.
In 2013 the Shelter was completely refurbished with central heating, insulation, and a fully fitted kitchen. It is now an ideal place for meetings, coffee mornings and parties. Hire rates are reasonable with special rates for Pulloxhill residents. Please contact Bob Cowell for details on 01525 712553.
Please see the link below for the Conditions of hire.